Perhaps one of the most unique Sew Together Tuesday tutorials to date — it’s time to put your feet up on this snuggly Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman! The “biscornu”-style construction, long favored by pin cushion makers, gets expanded to make a fun statement in home décor (it’s also a convenient movable seat for little ones).
See Related: How to Make a Cuddle® Minky Fabric Pillow Sham
The free ottoman pattern creates a finished version that’s 16”x16”x8”, but it can be sized up or down depending on space in your home. It can also be customized with any Luxe Cuddle® fabric you see fit, but Teresa especially likes it in Luxe Cuddle® Shearling, Llama or Marble.
Join Teresa from Poppy Quilt 'N Sew on her "On the Road" tour where she shares all her tips and techniques on how to make an ottoman, including her secret little trick to make the center pull down without trying to sew from one side to the other.
Fabrics, notions and supplies you’ll need to make a Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman tutorial:
- 3/4 yard, for Luxe Cuddle® Shearling, Llama, or Marble (non-directional nap)
- 1-1/8 yard, for all other Cuddle® or Luxe Cuddle® fabrics (with nap)
- 10" length of 1"-wide twill tape or grosgrain ribbon
- 45mm rotary cutter - OLFA or blade (SAC-1 - OLFA)
- 90/14 stretch machine needle – SCHMETZ
- Decorative button, 21/2" diameter
- Fabric clips - (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins - Clover
- Micro serrated scissors – Famore
- Point turner
- Polyester thread - (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Polyester fiberfill (40 oz) - (POLY-FIL - Fairfield)
- Self-healing cutting mat - OLFA
- Stiletto and pressing tool - ByAnnie
- Walking Foot
Video: How to make a Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman
Mark your calendar — as part of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on August 24 to share her tips on how to make a Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Free downloadable Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman sewing pattern
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print our free “Luxe Cuddle® Ottoman” sewing pattern (designed by Shannon Fabrics National Educator Teresa Coates).
If you have any questions about Cuddle® minky plush fabrics or any of our Cuddle® Kits, feel free to contact our friendly, no-pressure customer service team at 866-624-5252.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.
Leave a Comment