If there's one thing we know at Shannon Fabrics, it's that our fans and followers absolutely love a good throw blanket made with Cuddle® minky fabric!
Our National Educator Teresa Coates has already shared how to sew a throw blanket with binding and how to sew a simple throw blanket, but this week she puts a spin on this classic idea by using our Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strips to create a "Sweet Strip Throw Blanket" (approximate finished size: 46–48" x 58").
See Related: How to Make a Cuddle® Lullaby Quilt
Cuddle® Sweet Strips packages make it super easy and convenient to create a cozy throw for your home or as a gift, and the "pillowcase" style construction makes a clean edge with no need for binding!
Join Teresa LIVE from Sew On & Sew North where she shares her tips and tricks for making this beautiful and irresistibly-luxurious throw!
Recommended Notions and Fabrics for Sewing a Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever works best for you, but here is what Teresa recommends for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket:
- Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strips Sterling - 5 coordinated strips, 10" x 60" each
- 1 1/2 yards Luxe Cuddle® Heather Fog, for backing
- 45mm rotary cutter - OLFA or blade (SAC-1 - OLFA)
- 90/14 stretch machine needle – SCHMETZ
- Fabric clips — (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins – Clover
- Micro serrated scissors – Famore
- Point turner
- Polyester thread — (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Self-healing cutting mat — OLFA
- Stiletto and pressing tool — ByAnnie
- Walking Foot
Video: How Sew a Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket
Mark your calendar — as part of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on September 7 to share her tips on how to sew a Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Tips for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket
- Be sure to use polyester thread! Your seams will be stronger.
- Backstitch at each end of each seam.
- You can use any of the Sweet Strips packages and any combo of strips.
- Mix and match the Luxe Cuddle® and Cuddle® 3 strips for extra texture.
- Get creative and cut some of your strips in 5” and 2 1/2” strips and arrange as desired.
Free Download: Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket Sewing Pattern
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print Teresa’s free Luxe Cuddle® Sweet Strip Throw Blanket sewing pattern.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.