Now, more than ever, we all need something to curl up with as we hunker down and weather this worldwide pandemic! This week, as part of our LIVE Sew Together Tuesday series, our National Educator Teresa Coates shares her tips and tricks on how to sew a super-cozy luxe throw blanket.
Sewing a throw blanket is one of the simplest do-at-home projects around (great for both beginner and experienced sewists), and we've even put together a free downloadable throw blanket pattern to print out and reference!
What you'll need to sew a throw blanket
Here is what Teresa recommends for sewing a Luxe Throw:
- Four yards of Luxe Cuddle®
- Sewing machine with walking foot
- 90/14 Stretch needle (we recommend SCHMETZ)
- Coordinating polyester thread (we recommend Mettler)
- Flat flower head pins (we recommend Clover)
- Fabric clips (we recommend Clover Wonder Clips)
- Stiletto (we recommend ByAnnie Stiletto)
- Rotary cutter with a fresh blade (we recommend OLFA)
- Sharp knife - optional (we recommend OLFA SAC-1 snap-off blade knife)
VIDEO: Throw blanket sewing tutorial
Here our National Educator goes step-by-step on how to sew a throw blanket with our popular Luxe Cuddle® fabric.
Download our free throw blanket sewing pattern
Ready to get started sewing your very own throw blanket? Made with Luxe Cuddle®, this soft throw will keep you toasty all year long and brings warmth and comfort to any setting.
Fill out the form below to download our free throw blanket pattern: