Teresa and Hawke are back on the road in the new year, and they’re kicking off Season 8 of Sew Together Tuesday with a unique spin on an all-time classic project — the Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Scarf!
This time, instead of our free basic version like she covered a few seasons back, Teresa will be using Indygo Junction’s Infinity Pocket Scarf sewing pattern to include a pocket in the design. This adds a bit more complexity to the sewing process, but results in a functional and versatile accessory for the cooler winter months.
Teresa and Hawke are broadcasting this episode LIVE to the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel from the Sew Yeah Quilting shop floor in Las Vegas, Nevada (where she’ll be teaching a couple workshops, too)! Click here for more details and our complete Season 8 schedule.
Recommended fabrics and notions for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Pocket Scarf
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Pocket Scarf tutorial:
- 1 yard: Luxe Cuddle® (makes three scarves)
- 7” x 9” scrap: coordinating Cuddle® 3
Notions & Supplies:
- 7” invisible zipper
- 90/14 Stretch Needle (we recommend SCHMETZ Needles)
- Clover Flower Head Pins
- Clover Wonder Clips (optional)
- Coordinating Polyester Thread (we recommend Mettler Threads or Superior Threads)
- Dritz Wonder Tape
- Hand Sewing Needle
- Indygo Junction Infinity Pocket Scarf Sewing Pattern
- Micro-serrated Scissors (Karen Kay Buckley, Famore or Kai)
- OLFA Art Knife (OLFA SAC-1) or OLFA Rotary Cutter
- Self-healing cutting mat — OLFA
- Walking Foot (recommended)
Tips for sewing a Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Pocket Scarf
- Use an invisible zipper or hook and loop tape for the closure.
- If using an invisible zipper, the fabric can be any scrap and won’t be seen.
- If you want a longer or shorter scarf, feel free to change the length.
Video: How to Make a Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Pocket Scarf
Mark your calendar — for the first episode of Season 8 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on January 4 to share her tips on how to sew a Luxe Cuddle® Infinity Pocket Scarf.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.