It’s hard to believe, but this week marks the kickoff of Season 6 of Sew Together Tuesday!
As you know, we’re ramping things up for Season 6, as Teresa and Hawke are taking to the road to broadcast Sew Together Tuesday LIVE from quilt and fabric shops all around the country. But before they head out on their three month-long tour in their motorhome full of Cuddle®, they’re doing one last LIVE from our office in Los Angeles!
This week Teresa kickstarts Season 6 with a highly-requested tutorial: how to make a play crib sheet out of Cuddle®! As usual, she shares her expert tips and tricks, and she’s even put together a free play crib play sheet pattern that can be downloaded and printed out at home. The approximate finished size is 50” x 27” x 6” and looks great when made with any Cuddle® fabric print — especially Storybook Digital Cuddle® Multi!
Credits: Lion Stuffed Animal pattern by Sew Caroline Atelier
Fabrics, notions and supplies you’ll need to make a Cuddle® play crib sheet
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her play crib sheet tutorial:
- 1 7/8 yards Storybook Digital Cuddle® Multi
- 2 yards 1/4" elastic
- 45mm rotary cutter - OLFA or blade (SAC-1 - OLFA)
- 90/14 stretch machine needle - SCHMETZ
- Fabric clips - (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins - Clover
- Micro serrated scissors - Famore
- Polyester thread - (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Safety pins (2)
- Self-healing cutting mat - OLFA
- Stiletto and pressing tool - ByAnnie
- Walking Foot
Tips for making a Cuddle® play crib sheet
- Mark corners first and cut no more than two layers at a time for accuracy.
- If you want, serge the corner seams and hem edge for a nice finish.
- Stitch hem with a straight stitch or a slight zig zag.
- Feed elastic through carefully to avoid twisting and double-check before sewing ends together.
- Use this same technique to make sheets for twin and full size beds with the Cuddle® 3 90. Measure your mattress to calculate the dimensions.
Video: How to make a Cuddle® play crib sheet
Mark your calendar — as part of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on July 6 to share her tips on how to make a Cuddle® play crib sheet.
Can't make it? Check back here at 12 pm pacific after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Free downloadable play crib sheet sewing pattern
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print our free “play crib play sheet” sewing pattern (designed by Shannon Fabrics National Educator Teresa Coates).
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.