U-S-A! U-S-A! Show your patriotic pride with this bright throw inspired by the American flag. The stitch-and-flip construction makes for quick and accurate assembly, and simply cut the stars with your die cutter or use the included template.
Perfect for patriots of any age, we think this American flag-themed quilt would be ideal for watching the Olympics or gazing up at fireworks on the Fourth of July.
Fabrics and Notions You’ll Need to Make a Cuddle® Flag Quilt
These fabrics and notions can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what we recommend when using our free American flag quilt pattern:
Fabric Requirements (as shown)
- 2 1/4 yards Luxe Cuddle® Hide Cardinal, for stripes and backing
- 3/4 yard Luxe Cuddle® Hide Snow, for stripes
- 3/4 yard Luxe Cuddle® Hide Royal, for field
- 1/4 yard Cuddle® 3 Snow, for stars
- AccuQuilt Studio Star #2 die (#50737) for die cutter
- 90/14 stretch machine needle
- Polyester thread
- Felt tip marker or ballpoint pen
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Micro-serrated scissors
- Craft knife
- Long, flower head pins
- Fabric clips
- Basting spray
- Walking foot
Free American Flag Quilt Sewing Pattern for Cuddle® Minky Fabric
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print our free “Cuddle® Flag Quilt” sewing pattern (designed by Shannon Fabrics National Educator Teresa Coates).
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.