With Thanksgiving and the holiday season upon us, we’ve found ourselves reflecting on what we’re thankful for this year. While we’re first and foremost thankful for our friends and family members (and of course our customers), here at Shannon Fabrics sewing and quilting always holds a special place in our hearts. We love that we get to share our passion for sewing with our readers — no matter if you’re a novice or someone who has been sewing for decades.
This week, we’re celebrating all that we’re thankful for with a fun holiday-themed pillow cover sewing tutorial. Our National Educator Teresa Coates is using Kimberbell Design’s Whimsy Winter Bench Pillow pattern – it includes all of the machine embroidery designs and full instructions for completing a sewn 16"x 38" pillow and pillow cover. And don’t worry, it even includes detailed step-by-step instructions for easy multi-hooping.
Teresa chose to sew the snowman with a Santa hat on her pillow cover, but there are a few other festive designs to choose from and customize yourself.
We’ve made a list and checked it twice, let’s get started sewing a snowman-themed holiday bench pillow cover in Cuddle® minky fabric!
Suggested Notions and Fabrics to Sew a Holiday Bench Pillow Cover
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her holiday bench pillow cover tutorial.
- ¼ yd each of Cuddle® 3 Scarlet, Black, White, Silver
- ½ yd. Just Chillen Digital Cuddle®
- ½ yd. cotton for background
- Scraps of Luxe Cuddle® Seal or purchased pom pom
- 16” x 38” pillow form
- Whimsy Winter Bench Pillow Embroidery pattern (Kimberbell Designs)
- Appropriate thread choices
Tips for Sewing a Holiday Bench Pillow Cover
- Use a cotton background to make the textures stand out.
- Using water-soluble stabilizer over the Cuddle® will make the embroidery look better.
- Make sure to follow the directions for the embroidery exactly and measure carefully.
- Try some extra fluffy fabrics for the pom poms and hat brims for added fun.
Video: How to Sew a Holiday Bench Pillow Cover
Mark your calendar — as part of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page at 10 am PDT on November 24 to share her tips on how to sew a snowman holiday bench pillow cover in Cuddle® minky fabric.
If you have any questions about Cuddle® minky plush fabrics or any of our Cuddle® Kits, feel free to contact our friendly, no-pressure customer service team at 866-624-5252.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.