Season 9 of Sew Together Tuesday is here, and for the season premiere, we’re not monkeying around!
To kick things off, our National Educator Teresa Coates heads to 5 Little Monkeys Quilt & Sew in Weaverville, North Carolina, where she’ll go LIVE from their shop floor to share her tips and tricks on how to sew a “Mitch the Monkey” stuffed animal from Funky Friends Factory.
See Related: How to Sew an Elephant Stuffed Animal
The finished size of this super cute monkey stuffie is approximately 17 inches long, and it can be made with any color of Cuddle® minky fabric imaginable, not just brown!
Teresa and Hawke will be going bananas on the road all season long — click here to check out Season 9 tour information and dates, including both Sew Together Tuesday live broadcasts and additional in-person workshops.
Let’s get down to monkey business.
Recommended fabrics and notions for making a monkey stuffie
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her Mitch the Monkey tutorial:
- Main Cuddle® fabric (dark brown) - 15¾ x 44 inches wide
- Contrast Cuddle® fabric (face, hands, ears, fingers & feet) - 8 x 22 inches wide
- 12mm (½inch) craft eyes
- 90/14 stretch machine needle — SCHMETZ
- Craft knife — OLFA
- Fabric clips — Clover
- Felt tip marker or ballpoint pen
- Long, flower head pins — Clover
- Micro-serrated scissors — Karen Kay Buckley, Famore or Kai
- Mitch the Monkey pattern — Funky Friends Factory
- Polyester thread — Metrosene by Mettler
- Poly Pellets (optional) — Fairfield
- Rotary cutter and mat —OLFA
- Scrap of black embroidery thread for nose, mouth & toes
- Stiletto and Pressing Tool — ByAnnie
- Stuffing (Fairfield Royal Silk recommended)
- Walking foot
Video: How to sew a monkey stuffed animal
Mark your calendar — for the Season 9 premiere of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on April 12 to share her tips on how to sew Mitch the Monkey out of Cuddle® minky plush fabric.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.