We’re no strangers to using Cuddle® fabric in quilts! Teresa has covered quilts and quilting in previous Sew Together Tuesday tutorials, including everything from how to sew our popular Tuscan Cuddle® Quilt, to general quilting tips for Cuddle®.
This week, she adds a new chapter to our quilting tutorial library by sharing her tips and tricks on how to make a patchwork quilt with Cuddle® minky plush fabric.
Fairy castles, rainbows, princess carriages, and unicorns provide the magic for this soft, cozy quilt, and the stitch-and-flip construction makes it easy — even for beginner quilters.
Teresa has put together a FREE patchwork quilt pattern to print out and use at home. Click here to learn more and download for yourself!
Join us for this adorable take on a popular quilting style as Teresa and Hawke broadcast this tutorial LIVE from Sew Much Love as part of their “On the Road” tour — click here to learn more!
Stuffie Patterns: Cloud - Shannon Fabrics Free Pattern, Rainbow - Akasito, #M7819 Caticorn - McCall's, Horsey Horse & Unicorn - Funky Friends Factory, Soft Rag Doll - Sew Eleven
Recommended fabrics and notions for making a patchwork Cuddle® quilt
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her patchwork Cuddle® quilt tutorial:
- Fabric 1: 1/2 yard Fairytale Digital Cuddle® Blush, Blocks
- Fabric 2: 1/2 yard Paisley Floral Digital Cuddle® Multi, Blocks
- Fabric 3: 2 1/2 yards Water Spot Digital Cuddle® Multi, Blocks, Backing
- Fabric 4: 1 7/8 yards Cuddle® 3 Lilac, Sashing
- 1/2 yard Luxe Cuddle® Chenille Snow, Binding
- 90/14 stretch machine needle —SCHMETZ
- Basting Spray –– ODIF 505
- Batting, twin size — Quilters Dream
- Binding with Cuddle® booklet
- Craft knife — OLFA
- Fabric clips — Clover
- Felt tip marker or ballpoint pen
- Long, flower head pins — Clover
- Micro-serrated scissors — Karen Kay Buckley, Famore or Kai
- Polyester thread — Metrosene by Mettler
- Rotary cutter and mat —OLFA
- Stiletto and Pressing Tool — ByAnnie
- Walking foot
Video: How to make a patchwork quilt with Cuddle® minky fabric
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 8 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on March 1 to share her tips on how to sew a patchwork quilt with Cuddle® minky plush fabric.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Free download: Patchwork quilt sewing pattern
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print Teresa’s free patchwork quilt sewing pattern.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.