This has long been one of our most popular projects (and we’ve gotten a lot of great questions about it), so we’re excited to officially present a set of video tutorials on how to sew a penguin play mat — more specifically our My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit!
Here we’ve listed both our prerecorded and live video tutorials with our National Educator Teresa Coates as part of our popular Sew Together Tuesday educational video series.
All four videos can be found below, and the release schedule on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page was as follows:
- June 23 @ 10 am PDT - My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit beak tutorial
- July 7 @ 10 am PDT - My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit feet tutorial
- August 18 @ 10 am PDT - My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit wings tutorial
- November 17 @ 10 am PDT - My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit body tutorial
The My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit includes:
- Luxe Cuddle® Lapin - 1 ¼ yd. (40” x WOF)
- Cuddle® 3 Black - 1 ¼ yd. (40” x WOF)
- Luxe Cuddle® Hide Natural - 1 yd. (30” X WOF)
- Cuddle® 3 Rust- 7” x WOF
- Arctic Fox Fur White - 4” x 4” square
Additional recommended fabrics, notions and supplies:
- Polyester thread
- 90/14 stretch needle
- Tracing paper
- Felt-tip marker
- ODIF 505 Temporary Adhesive basting spray
- Polyester batting (low-loft or mid-loft)
- Stiletto (ByAnnie Precision Stiletto, recommended)
- Hand-sewing needle
- OLFA SAC-1 craft knife
- 45mm rotary cutter with new blade
- Water-soluble topping, optional
How to Sew the My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit
Pat the Penguin’s beak
Pat the Penguin’s feet
Pat the Penguin’s wings
Pat the Penguin’s body
If you have any questions about Cuddle® minky plush fabrics or any of our Cuddle® Kits including our My Pal "Pat the Penguin" Cuddle® Kit, feel free to contact our friendly, no-pressure customer service team at 866-624-5252.
Ready to start sewing? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.