Everyone knows Cuddle® is great for popular projects like accent pillows, throw blankets and infinity scarves, but what if you're looking to tackle something a bit more unique?
This week for Sew Together Tuesday our National Educator Teresa Coates shares her tips for one of the most fun free patterns we have on our site — the Comfy Pillow Bed!
See Related: How to Sew a Soft & Cozy Cuddle® Sack
Make it up in colorful designs and prints for a cozy bed for a sleepover, or it can be used as a comfy mat to watch flicks on a Friday night. Either way, any child or adult would love to curl up on this super soft and inviting pillow bed. It's surprisingly simple — it finishes at approximately 80" x 27", and uses four standard bed pillows for the interior.
Happy sewing, and sweet dreams!
Recommended Fabrics and Notions for Sewing a Comfy Pillow Bed
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever works best for you, but here is what Teresa recommends for sewing a comfy pillow bed:
- 2 1/3 yards Cuddle® print or Luxe Cuddle®
- Four standard pillows (20" x 26")
- 45mm rotary cutter — OLFA
- 90/14 stretch needle — SCHMETZ
- 6” x 24” acrylic ruler
- Blue painter's tape (optional)
- Comfy Pillow Bed sewing pattern
- Craft knife — OLFA
- Fabric clips — (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins — Clover
- Micro serrated scissors — Famore, Kai or Karen Kay Buckley
- Polyester thread — (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Point turner — Clover
- Self-healing cutting mat — OLFA
- Stiletto and pressing tool — ByAnnie
- Walking foot
Video: How to Sew a Comfy Pillow Bed With Cuddle® Minky Plush Fabric
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 7 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on November 30 to share her tips on how to sew a comfy pillow bed with Cuddle® minky plush fabric.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Tips for Sewing a Comfy Pillow Bed With Cuddle® Minky Plush Fabric
- Pick a fun print that matches the personality of the recipient
- Use painter's tape to mark your stitching line (except on Sparkle Cuddle® Glitter)
- Hem the edge if you are using a Digital Cuddle® print to hide white selvages
- Choose a Luxe Cuddle® for extra softness
- Make a coordinating blanket or quilt for a beautiful gift
- For king size pillows, use Luxe Cuddle® Mirage 80" and fold over 8 inches.
Download: Free Comfy Pillow Bed Sewing Pattern
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print our free Comfy Pillow Bed pattern. Approximate Finished Size: 80" x 27”
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.