Sewists are always looking for fun, creative ways to use fabrics in their scrap pile!
This week, as part of Sew Together Tuesday Season 7, our National Educator Teresa Coates has put together a tutorial for the perfect scrap buster project for Cuddle® pieces left over from other projects — a wine (or sparkling cider) tote!
See Related: How to Make a Peppermint Pillow with Cuddle® Minky Plush Fabric
A wine tote adds a personal, handmade touch when gifting a bottle of your favorite red or white. Mix and match colors and prints to make a fitting wine tote for any occasion — especially around the holidays!
Grab a glass of wine (or cider), sit back and let’s get started!
Recommended Fabrics and Notions for Making a Cuddle® Wine Tote
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever works best for you, but here is what Teresa recommends for sewing a Cuddle® wine tote:
- 16" x 16" square Cuddle® 3 (for Body)
- 13" x 13" square Luxe Cuddle® (for Top)
- 45mm rotary cutter — OLFA
- 90/14 Stretch Needle — SCHMETZ
- Basting spray — ODIF 505
- Embroidery design*
- Choose a vertical design between 3" x 5" and 4" x 6"
- Fabric clips — (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins — Clover
- Hand sewing needle
- Micro serrated scissors — Famore, Kai or Karen Kay Buckley
- Pattern — (“Luxe Wine Totes” - Shannon Fabrics)
- Polyester thread — (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Ribbon, 30" (3/4"–11/2" wide)
- Self-healing cutting mat — OLFA
- Medium-weight, cut away stabilizer [such as: Sulky Cut-Away Plus]
- Water soluble stabilizer [such as: Sulky Super Solvy]
- Stiletto and pressing tool — ByAnnie
- Walking foot
*Cover design: Center tote: Embroidery Library — Joy Christmas Ornaments #M27520 Designs on the left and right are property of the designer.
Video: How to Make a Cuddle® Wine Tote
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 7 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on November 2 to share her tips on how to sew a Cuddle® wine tote.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Free Download: How to Make a Cuddle® Wine Tote
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print Teresa’s free Cuddle® wine tote pattern.
If you have any questions about Cuddle® minky plush fabrics or any of our Cuddle® Kits, feel free to contact our friendly, no-pressure customer service team at 866-624-5252.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.
Leave a Comment