We have a special treat for Sew Together Tuesday viewers this week!
Teresa will be going live at her usual time, but this week she’ll be joined by Annie Unrein of ByAnnie.com. She’ll share her experience with Cuddle® minky plush fabric and showcase a few of her patterns that work well with Cuddle®, but most importantly, she’ll talk about her Bosom Buddy seatbelt cover pattern. It’s a simple project that makes wearing a seatbelt more comfortable by spreading pressure of the belt over a larger area.
See Related: How to Make a Mastectomy Pillow
It was designed specifically for ByAnnie’s #SewPink iniative, their annual event to promote breast cancer awareness. Teresa will finish up the live video with her step-by-step Bosom Buddy tutorial, and she’ll share some of her suggestions and changes for how it’s put together.
Recommended Fabrics and Notions for Making a Cuddle® Seatbelt Cover
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever works best for you, but here is what Teresa recommends for sewing Bosom Buddy seatbelt cover:
- 1/2 yd. Cuddle® 3 Print
- 14” x 14” piece of Soft and Stable®
- 10” x 20” piece of fusible woven interfacing (such as Pellon® SF101)
- 7 1/2” hook and loop tape
- 45mm rotary cutter — OLFA
- 90/14 Stretch Needle — SCHMETZ
- Basting spray — ODIF 505
- Bosom Buddy Pattern
- Fabric clips — (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins — Clover
- Micro serrated scissors — Famore, Kai or Karen Kay Buckley
- Polyester thread — (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Self-healing cutting mat — OLFA
- Stiletto and pressing tool — ByAnnie
- Walking foot
Tips for Sewing a Cuddle® Seatbelt Cover
- Use basting spray to secure fabric to Soft N Stable® before cutting
- Choose a Cuddle® print for the belt wrap and binding and a coordinating Luxe Cuddle® for the cushion
- Mix and match cotton fabric with the Cuddle®
- Use painter’s tape to mark the guidelines on the plush fabrics
- Download Annie’s tip sheet for more insider tips
Video: How to Make a Cuddle® Seatbelt Cover
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 7 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on November 9 to share her tips on how to sew a Cuddle® seatbelt cover (Bosom Buddy).
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.