Don’t be frightened! This soft Cuddle® ghost will provide endless warmth and coziness — with just the right amount of not-so-spookiness.
See Related: How to Sew a Pumpkin with Cuddle® Minky Plush Fabric
This week, for Sew Together Tuesday, our National Educator Teresa Coates shares her tips and tricks for sewing this cute little Cuddle® ghost stuffie just in time for Halloween (see the free pattern below). She's opting for the classic white and black look, but feel free to get creative with Cuddle® prints or a higher pile Luxe Cuddle® fabric!
This project is perfect for sewists of all experience levels, and makes for a fun gift for the little trick-or-treaters in your life!
Recommended Fabrics and Notions for Making a Cuddle® Ghost Stuffie
These products and fabrics can be substituted for whatever works best for you, but here is what Teresa recommends for sewing a Cuddle® ghost plushie:
- Two 9" x 12" pieces of Cuddle® 3 White
- 2" x 2" scrap of Cuddle® 3 Black
- 45mm rotary cutter — OLFA
- 90/14 Stretch Needle — SCHMETZ
- Fabric clips — (Wonder Clips - Clover)
- Felt tip marker
- Flower head pins — Clover
- Hand sewing needle
- ITH Embroidery Design — (Lil Ghost - Crinkle Dreams)
- Micro serrated scissors — Famore, Kai or Karen Kay Buckley
- Pattern — (“Ghost with the Most” - Shannon Fabrics)
- Polyester stuffing — Fairfield World
- Polyester thread — (Metrosene - Mettler)
- Self-healing cutting mat — OLFA
- Stiletto and pressing tool — ByAnnie
Tips for Making a Cuddle® Ghost Stuffie
- Stitch eyes on first, then trace stitching line.
- Body outline is a stitching line—do not cut out before sewing.
- Clip the curves and corners a little so it will turn smoothly.
- Use a Luxe Cuddle® for a fluffy ghost.
- Create different stuffies using simple shapes or children’s art.
Video: How to Make a Cuddle® Ghost Stuffie
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 7 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on October 19 to share her tips on how to sew a Cuddle® ghost plushie.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Free Download: How to Make a Cuddle® Ghost Stuffie
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print Teresa’s free Cuddle® ghost plushie.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.