We’re continuing to celebrate National Quilting Month the only way we know how — with more Sew Together Tuesday quilting tutorials!
Last week our National Educator Teresa Coates shared how to make a patchwork Cuddle® quilt (learn more and download the free pattern, here), and this week she heads to The Cotton Blossom Fabric Shoppe in Ridgeland, Mississippi to share how to make one of our most popular free patterns, our Crazy 8 Cuddle® strip quilt.
See Related: Tuscan Cuddle® Quilt Tutorial (& Free Pattern)
Scroll down to download and print the FREE Crazy 8 strip quilt pattern, and choose from a variety of layout options using eight 10” strips to create a quilt you’ll love! Decide on your layout (four options shown) and subcut the strips as desired, then sew using the Stitch-and-Flip method.
Recommended fabrics and notions for making a Crazy 8 Cuddle® strip quilt
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her Crazy 8 Cuddle® strip quilt tutorial:
- Eight (8) 10” x WOF (width of fabric) Cuddle® and/or Luxe Cuddle® strips
- Five (5) 1 3/4” x WOF Cuddle® or Luxe Cuddle® strips for binding
- 2 1/4 yds. Cuddle® or Luxe Cuddle® backing
- 90/14 stretch machine needle —SCHMETZ
- Basting Spray –– ODIF 505
- Batting (60” x 79”) — Quilters Dream
- Binding with Cuddle® booklet
- Craft knife — OLFA
- Fabric clips — Clover
- Felt tip marker or ballpoint pen
- Long, flower head pins — Clover
- Micro-serrated scissors — Karen Kay Buckley, Famore or Kai
- Polyester thread — Metrosene by Mettler
- Rotary cutter and mat —OLFA
- Stiletto and Pressing Tool — ByAnnie
- Walking foot
Video: How to make a Crazy 8 Cuddle® strip quilt
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 8 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on March 8 to share her tips on how to sew a Crazy 8 strip quilt with Cuddle® minky plush fabric.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Free download: Crazy 8 Cuddle® strip quilt sewing pattern
Click here or the “Download Now!” button below to download and print our free Crazy 8 strip quilt sewing pattern.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.