Here at Shannon Fabrics we love fun sewing projects that bring out the kid in all of us!
Our Silly Cuddle® Monster pillow has long been one of our most popular free patterns, so this week our National Educator Teresa Coates shares her tips and tricks to make sewing this friendly little monster as easy as possible.
See Related: How to Sew a Minky Fabric Pencil Pillow (Video Tutorial & Free Pattern)
This fun sewing pattern can be customized with different colors and textures of Cuddle® minky plush fabric, and makes a great take-anywhere companion for kids (and adults) of all ages.
Suggested Notions and Fabrics to Sew a Silly Cuddle® Monster Pillow
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her minky fabric monster pillow tutorial. Note the amounts of fabrics you need are listed on the pattern.
- Silly Cuddle® Monster Pillow pattern (pattern designed by Shannon Fabrics Brand Ambassador Gayle Camargo)
- Sewing Revolution 5/7 Ruler (13” circle)
- ODIF 505 basting spray
- Mettler Metrosene® polyester thread (Navy, White, Orange)
- Quilters Dream Poly Request batting
- Fairfield World Poly Fil® polyester fiberfill
- ByAnnie's Stiletto
- Clover Flower Head pins
- Clover Wonder Clips
- Felt tip marker
- Micro serrated scissors
- OLFA Rotary cutter
- OLFA Self-Healing cutting mat
- Hand sewing needle
- SCHMETZ 90/14 Stretch Needle
Tips for Sewing a Silly Cuddle® Monster Pillow
- Spray baste Cuddle® Dimple to batting before cutting circles to give stability to applique.
- Use basting spray to hold pieces in place before appliquéing, then use a straight stitch, zig zag or blanket stitch.
- Sew blue strip to mouth with a 3/8” seam allowance to make it easier to catch back side when top stitching.
- Teresa used a 1.6mm length and 3mm width for the blanket stitch for the applique and a 3.5mm straight stitch for everything else.
- Be aware of the nap when cutting and laying out pieces.
Video: How to Sew a Minky Fabric Monster Pillow
Mark your calendar — as part of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube at 10 am PDT on January 12 and 13 to share her tips on how to sew a monster pillow with Cuddle® minky fabric.
How to Sew a Minky Fabric Monster Pillow: Part 1 Video
How to Sew a Minky Fabric Monster Pillow: Part 2 Video
Free Downloadable Silly Cuddle® Monster Pillow Pattern
Click the "Download Now!" button below to download and print our free monster face pillow sewing pattern.
If you have any questions about Cuddle® minky plush fabrics or any of our Cuddle® Kits, feel free to contact our friendly, no-pressure customer service team at 866-624-5252.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.
Leave a Comment