This week we’re combining two of our favorite tutorials — how to make a Luxe Throw and how to embroider with Cuddle® — for one can’t-miss episode of Sew Together Tuesday!
Our National Educator Teresa Coates heads to Bobbin & Bolt in Henrico, Virginia, to share how to use embroidery to monogram a Luxe Cuddle® throw, and she’ll show how simple it is to assemble with a serger and coverstitch machine.
Have any questions? Let us know in the comments!
Recommended fabrics and notions for embroidering a monogrammed throw
These products can be substituted for whatever you have on hand, but here is what Teresa recommends for her monogrammed Luxe Throw tutorial:
- Luxe Cuddle® Snowy Owl Elderberry
- Luxe Cuddle® Hide Elderberry
- 505 basting spray — ODIF
- 90/14 stretch machine needle — SCHMETZ
- Craft knife — OLFA
- Cutaway stabilizer (StabliStick) and water soluble stabilizer (Stitch H2O) — OESD
- Embroidery thread — Isacord by Mettler
- Fabric clips — Clover
- Felt tip marker or ballpoint pen
- Long, flower head pins — Clover
- Luxe Throw pattern — Shannon Fabrics
- Micro-serrated scissors — Karen Kay Buckley, Famore or Kai
- Monogram embroidery design
- Polyester thread — Metrosene by Mettler
- Rotary cutter and mat —OLFA
- Stiletto and Pressing Tool — ByAnnie
- Walking foot
Video: How to make a monogrammed throw
Mark your calendar — for the next episode of Season 9 of Sew Together Tuesday, Teresa will be going LIVE on the Shannon Fabrics Facebook page and YouTube channel at 10 am PDT on April 26 to share her tips on how to make a make a monogrammed Luxe Throw out of Cuddle® minky plush fabric.
Can't make it? Check back here after her live video concludes for the embedded on-demand video.
Ready to start creating with Cuddle® minky fabric? Use our store locator to find a selection of Cuddle® minky fabric online or near you.