As a sponsor of the One Million Pillowcase Challenge, we’re excited to participle in the annual Blog Hop via All People Quilt. The One Million Pillowcase Challenge has a goal of donating 1,000,000 pillowcases to charity! To help reach this goal, APQ is having a 24-hour Sew-a-thon in September at their headquarters in Des Moines, IA.
And, shops and groups across the country are doing their own Sew-a-thons! To find a shop in your area, click here.
We recently made this pillowcase for the challenge. We used the Free pattern: Pillowcase Pattern #21 – Pillowcase with Rickrack Band. Fabrics include Sock Monkey Play Time Baby Blue from Sock Monkeys, Swiss Dot Red/Snow from Cuddle Classics and Cuddle 3 Black from the Kozy Cuddle Collection.
Click here for more information about the One Million Pillowcase Challenge and here to download the Free patterns.
If you’d like to make a pillowcase with Cuddle, find Shannon Fabrics at local quilt shops and fabric stores, and also at online retailers.
We will be donating our pillowcase to a local charity for children in Los Angeles. Won't you help by making some pillowcases? Comment below with the hashtag #APQSewathon and let us know where you will donate yours!
Here is the list of other blogs participating in this blog hop. Visit their blogs for more fun!
- Alison Glass (http://alisonglass.com/blog)
- American Patchwork & Quilting (www.allpeoplequilt.com/blog)
- Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister Designs (http://www.meandmysisterdesigns.com/blog/)
- The Benartex Design Team: Sew in Love with Fabric (http://www.sewinlovewithfabric.blogspot.com)
- Debby Kratovil (http://debbykratovilquilts.blogspot.com/)
- Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts (http://www.laundrybasketquilts.net/blog/)
- Heidi Pridemore (http://heidipridemore.blogspot.com)
- How To Sew (www.howtosew.com)
- Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom (http://www.sisboom.com/blog/)
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts (http://figtreequilts.typepad.com/my_weblog/)
- Karrie Winters of Freckled Whimsy (http://www.freckledwhimsy.com/)
- Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle (http://www.annkelle.com/category/blog/)
- Linda Carlson (www.lindacarlsonquilts.com)
- Lori Mason (http://www.lorimasondesign.com/news/)
- Modern Quilt Studio (http://craftnectar.com/)
- Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft (http://modernhandcraft.com/)
- Northcott: Patti’s Patchwork (www.pattispatchwork.com)
- Shannon Fabrics: My Cuddle Corner (http://shannonfabrics.com/blog/index/)
- Tammy Silvers (http://www.tamarinis.typepad.com)
- Timeless Treasures: Sew Timeless (http://www.ttfabrics.com/blog/)
- Valori Wells (http://www.valoriwells.com/blog/)
- Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool (http://freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/)
- Wendy Sheppard of Ivory Spring (http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/)
Hugs with Cuddle,
PS Be sure to subscribe to this blog for more free patterns and other fun. You can also sign up for our newsletter to get information on contests, giveaways, new products and more.
Leave a Comment