hello, My Cuddle Corner readers... today I'm here to share a fun and easy tutorial to make your own Cuddle Travel Pillows. I used this soft Cuddle Fabrics fancy leopard print, but anything soft and cozy would make for a fabulous travel pillow.
3/4 yard Cuddle Fabric
2 yards ribbon
1. cut two pieces or fabric, one measuring 15" x 27" and one measuring 4" x 27" (note that 3/4 yard is wide enough to make two pillows). cut ribbon into two 1 yard pieces.
2. right sides together (RST), align fabric along 27" raw edge.
3. sandwich one piece of ribbon between layers, approximately 2" from top edge, so that center of ribbon is about at seam line. repeat at other edge with second ribbon.
4. stitch seam with a 1/2" seam allowance.
5. fold ribbon over to right side of fabric and pin to secure. repeat with second ribbon.
6. match remaining 27" raw edges RST. pin and stitch with a 1/2" seam allowance.
7. tuck in ribbon and match raw edges RST at one end so that the ribbon is centered on what will be the back of the pillow.
8. pin and stitch with a 1/2" seam allowance, backstitching at beginning and end of seam.
9. turn pillow right sides out and stuff with polyfill/stuffing.
10. fold under raw edges of remaining opening 1/2", match up folded edges, and pin.
11. stitch close to folded edge, backstitching at beginning and end of seam.
12. tie to seat belt and cuddle away!
*note: the safety of you and yours is important to us. please follow all seat belt laws, and check with your local laws to confirm that this type of pillow is allowed prior to using.*
one lucky reader will win a yard of giraffe print Cuddle Fabric to make your very own travel pillows! (must reside in the contiguous united states to be eligible to win.)