This is Bia from Ms.Elaineous with a great project for those of you who are ready to make something a little unexpected out of Cuddle. I love the new Majestic Cuddle - maybe that's because I spent time walking through the Medina in Fez, Morocco. This fabric captures the essence of that wonderful experience! And let's face it, nothing says "Morocco!" more than this beautiful PLUSH POUF!
The pouf measures about 18" tall with a 29" diameter. It includes a zippered "inner pouf" made from cotton duck (and filled/refilled with bean bag beans - I use Fairfield Bean Bag Filler) and a zippered "outer pouf" made from Shannon Majestic Mirage and Medallion -- with a contrasting brown faux leather band. The outer pouf can be unzipped for easy removal and cleaning.
The nine-page pattern includes a project overview, a zipper tutorial, the pattern, and a supplemental slip-cover pattern. Because of the zippers, I rate the skill-level as an Intermediate+.
- 1 yard of Cuddle Majestic Mirage (for top and bottom— outer pouf)
- 1 yard of Cuddle Majestic Medallion (for side—outer pouf)
- 1/3 yard of brown faux leather (for band—outer pouf)
- 1 3/4 yards of neutral color 60” cotton duck (for inner pouf)
- 2—24" coordinating all-purpose plastic zippers (for outer pout)
- 1— 5” or 6” all-purpose zipper (for inner pouf)
- 3 to 4 bags of Fairfield Poly-Fil® Bean Bag Filler (polystyrene bean bag beads—6 to 7 cu feet)
- Matching all-purpose thread
- New Universal 14/90 needle
- A Walking Foot
- Lots of Ball Point Pins!
Download the pattern here: The Plush Pouf
For tips and pictures on filling your inner pouf, head over to my blog -- www.mselaineous.com
You can check out more of my patterns - available for download in my Craftsy Pattern Store.
And, we’re so excited about our new blog that we are having a Giveaway for a Cuddle Quarter (Q) Kit! To enter our Giveaway, be sure to comment on this post with words “Cuddle Quarter Kit” and also subscribe to us on YouTube here! There will be 3 winners and each will win a Kit!